In general, I like to use snack bowls and reusable items to store food and snacks in, especially for the kids. However, I do keep reclosable bags on hand for snacks. I like to buy big bags of their favorite snacks and divide them ahead of time for quick snack grabbing.
I actually keep several different kinds of reclosable bags on hand. I keep large ones for the freezer, sandwich size for picnics, snack size, and even tiny ones. The tiny ones are great for medications, jewelry, and even electronic adapters.
My husband knows that if he needs a baggie for something, I probably have one.
Here are some of my non-traditional uses for tiny reclosable bags:
1. Extra nose rings (those things are tiny and get lost)
2. My husband's glucose tablets in his lunchbox- he doesn't like to carry the whole thing
3. The kids nightly medications when we are away from home
4. Spices for dinner while camping
5. Fishing line and hook in an emergency kit
6. Toothpicks in a lunch box
7. Emergency medications in my purse (Benedryl, etc)
8. Organizing tiny bits
9. When going to a concert, I keep a few with one wipe each in my bag for kid emergencies
10. I keep a couple in my purse for just in case
There are so many uses for reclosable bags- consider keeping a variety on hand!