Last year for his birthday, Tbomb received a tablet from my inlaws. We were all ecstatic, especially my geeky little boy. He could play games, I could get work done, and I could add educational apps for him, plus use it for specifics in school.
It wasn't the best tablet, in fact, my MIL had tried to return it when she received it, but because of poor customer service, she figured it would be good enough for a 4-year-old. I was happy- I didn't want him connected to the WiFi anyway. After adding some parental control capabilities, games, educational apps, and setting up a reward system (earning new apps and earning new tablet time), we were good to go.
It worked perfect (besides the WiFi issues) for several months. He even played Minecraft on it (the paid for version). After this though, the problems started. It started shutting off on its own randomly, even with a full charge. Eventually, he had to use it plugged in (which is not really practical). Then, it started shutting off even then. I was determined to find the problem, my heart was broken for him.
A couple of weeks ago, we went to the mountains for a few days and, of course, Tbomb wanted to take his tablet. I decided that we would take it and I would work on it when I could- I knew he would have plenty of other things to entertain him. One evening, while the kids were watching a movie, I decided to work on his tablet once again. Well, looking back, I'm glad I did because I couldn't believe what I found.
I took his tablet out of his backpack and out of the case. It looked strange, so I took it out of the shockproof case it was in and t fell apart in my hands. The battery had expanded to the point of breaking the casing apart. Now at this point, my husband and father-in-law ran out of the hotel room with it, but wasn't sure what to do with it. That was a whole different fiasco- we didn't want anyone to get hurt because these things are extremely volotaile. We did get that part settled, but I just got angrier and angrier. What if my child had been playing with it when it did that. Luckily, it was turned off and in his backpack. This company, NeuTab, has absolutely no customer service- only an email address that no one responds to.
Now, it is very important to understand that this is not user error. We are very careful with electronics with the kids. Tbomb did nothing to cause this. This kid can use a tablet better than most adults. This is a faulty product that should not be on the market and I'm sure they knew about this problem. Unfortunately, they just do not care. I want this product off of the market and for people to know about this problem. If you have one of these, please dispose of it before someone gets hurt. I'm not looking for anything except for the company to acknowledge that this product should not be available. Luckily, it is no longer available on Amazon. You can see my Amazon review here.